God as useful fiction
A data base1 not derived from sense perception2 is a fiction,3 in other words a bite of fake news.4
The fiction of a supernatural GOD5,6 is designed to alter the data base7 of an individual, thereby manipulating his or her personal and social responses.
Since survival, and which includes reproduction, is the human’s default setting, any fake news about GOD8 is useful (i.e. good) if and when it supports the default setting.9,10
© 2022 by Victor Langheld
1. Such as a fake religious belief purporting to be true, for instance, the notion of a personal GOD who guides and/or determines a human’s fate. Fake religious data tends to be installed before an individual can verify its authenticity and therefore continues to act as true until proven false. Managers of fake religious news, i.e. priests, use all manner of covert and overt means, indeed psychological and physical and violence, to prevent an individual from truth testing the fake news.
2. i.e. from percepts. Both true percepts (i.e. sensory stimuli) and false concepts contact or strike (thus instruct) as random quanta of momenta thereby changing the data state of the contactee.
3. i.e. a fantasy (or dream image). Note that fictions (i.e. dreams) serve as local orientation means, i.e. as goal or aims that serve to guide towards a survival secure outcome/future.
4. All news, i.e. data input is accepted as true by the brain unless flagged or proven as fake, whereby truth or falsity is lastly decided locally with regarded to its capacity to enhance survivability.
5. i.e. and His or Her data background active as a cult, sect or religion.
6. To date no evidence for a supernatural GOD, rather than perhaps nature as GOD, has been produced. So far all proofs of GOD and the salvation offered for belief in Him, have been anecdotal.
7. The data base crucial to immediate survival is stored in the human brain and which operates as blind auto-pilot (called a Bio-Nav).
8. For GOD read: imagined supernatural (or transcendent) creator and regulator. The verbal icon GOD stands for a (locally) selected response procedure.
9. The job of the blindly data computing brain (or Bio-Nav) is to secure the default function, namely survival (including transmission) in every situation. It performs its function using all available data, both self-installed factual (derived from natural percepts) and (unnatural) fictional installed by self-professed ‘influencers’ such as priests or primary school teachers.
10. From which follows that the personal survival value of the belief in a supernatural GOD, and in the religion that supports that belief, depends on an individual’s (or culture’s) actual (and anticipated) survival circumstances. For mature because self-regulating individuals, belief in a supernatural data base (i.e. GOD) is detrimental to survival.